At my job I get the privelage to talk to all sorts of people. I love it to be honest. It has done wonders for my fake accents. The one thing that bothers me is how dim-witted the people that call in. I usually try to stay positive on life and people there in, but these guys can deflate any optimistic out look on civilization with in talking to them for 30 seconds. I dont understand why you feel like I need to hear about your cat missing a leg, your bunions on your feet, or how you think there are aliens stealing your remote! That has no relevance to cancelling your membership. . Don’t get me wrong I love my job, I have learned so much and I don’t know of any friends that has the honor of talking to someone at least once a week claiming to be Jesus himself or his mouth piece. Those are my favorite calls cause it always turns into a religion discussion.
I always get asked If I know God loves me (I do) who wouldn’t love me? Then the best question of all which religion are you? Usually at this point of the conversation all relevant business to the program has been taken care of and the customer/converter just wants to talk. I can deal with that. So when asked what denomination I belong to I proudly state I am a Mormon. That changes the tone of the entire call and its interesting to see it happen. What went from a friendly conversion now turns into a condemnation and rebuking for my beliefs. To quote Jim Morrison, “People are strange” probably the most honest statement out there.
I think different cultures are fun to learn about. Im not sure if I posted on here about this or not but I made a new friend on the bus. **Side note, if your ever bored or feeling down on yourself go ride the public bus! You’ll soon realize how lucky you are!** Anyways back to my new friend. Her name is Soon and she is from Korea. I helped her out once find the stop she needed to get to and now she won’t stop talking to me. Its not a bad thing but the ride on the bus is usually “me time”. She tells me about Korea and always has a bunch of Bananas which she has no problem peeling and just shoving into my mouth, She thinks its funny. . Today after cramming a banana in my mouth she took my phone to make a call. then my paper cause she wanted to read it. I guess thats cool in Korea. I doubt I would ever make it lving there cause I like my personal space. I try not to make a big deal out of her doing so because she isn’t used to our customs. It honestly makes me wonder what other people from different countries would do in a similiar setting. I hope one day to help out an italian straight out of Italy on the bus maybe he’ll sing opera the entire time or give me spaghetti…
No comments:
Post a Comment